By Abdollah Vakily
Read Online or Download Ali Shariati and the Mystical Tradition of Islam PDF
Similar islam books
The enterprise of Islam has been commemorated as a magisterial paintings of the brain due to the fact that its ebook in early 1975. during this three-volume research, illustrated with charts and maps, Hodgson lines and translates the ancient improvement of Islamic civilization from prior to the delivery of Muhammad to the center of the 20 th century.
An advent to Islamic observances through the month of Ramadan and the next competition of Eid-al-Fitr.
Of the various books explaining Islam, few particularly deal with the troubles and questions of these from a Christian history. furthermore, the commonalities among the Abrahamic faiths—Judaism, Christianity, and Islam—are too usually missed. Set out in a simple and informative question-and-answer layout, the booklet addresses the categorical theological issues of contract and distinction among Christianity and Islam, explains the middle spiritual ideals and practices of Islam, and solutions contemporary commonest questions of Islam and Muslims in an age whilst there's a lot clash and false impression.
Mystics and Saints of Islam is a compilation of 15 brief biographies of significant Islamic saints and mystics, as mirrored within the identify of the e-book. writer Claud box opens with a quick advent to Islamic mysticism and pantheistic sufism, through brief descriptions of numerous famous Islamic saints, together with Rabia the girl Sufi, Habib Ajami, Al Ghazzali, Suhrawardy, and Sharani the Egyptian.
- Muslims: Their Religious Beliefs and Practices
- Muslims and Matriarchs: Cultural Resilience in Indonesia through Jihad and Colonialism
- The Origins and Early Development of Shi'a Islam (The Millennium (Series).)
- The Challenge of Pluralism: Paradigms from Muslim Contexts (Exploring Muslim Contexts)
Extra resources for Ali Shariati and the Mystical Tradition of Islam
28. 202-229. 29. By ~lid Shicism Shariati is referring to the followers of cAlI, those who fight for justice and against oppression. By Safavid Shicism Shariati is referring to establishment-oriented Shi~ism, religion as the tool of the dominant power. 30. Yann Richard, in Roots of Revolution, by Nikki Keddie, p. 6. 31.. Yann Richard, L'Islam Chi'ite, p. 225, foot note 13. 32. Yann Richard, in Roots of Revolution, by Nikki Kedd i e, p . 2 1. 6 • 33. , p. 222. 34. Ibid. 35. Ibid. 36. , p. 215. 28 , 37.
224. 43. , p. 225. 44. Shahrough Akhavi, "Shariati' s Social Thought," Religion and Politics in Iran: Shicism from Quietism ta Revolution, Nikki R. , p. 126. 45. kki Keddie, p. 215. 46. , P • 217. 47. , P • 223. 29 CHAPTER IV THE SOURCES The main source material for the present study consi~ts of Shariati's personal writings. His polemical works, however, which were delivered as public lectures or as formaI instruction in the University of Mashhad and were later transcribed by his students and published, have also been consulted.
Otherwise what is the difference between a caliph, a sultan, ... •. fate "" '. ir ). s reason that l have a strong belief in liberal, determininst humanists. ---"':-) 53 The existential pain that has briefly surfaced in other works of Shariati shows up strongly in this book.
Ali Shariati and the Mystical Tradition of Islam by Abdollah Vakily